There was local success in the early rounds of the Henman Solicitiors LTA Grade 4 tournament at Woodstock .
In the inaugural men’s competition, Rob Powell (Woodstock) defeated Charlie Lane, from Abingdon, 7-5, 6-1 in the final.
In the 16 & under girls event, Saffy Gujral (Woodstock) had her best win of the year by defeating second seed Sofie Watkins (Surrey) 6-3, 6-7, 10-4 in the semi-final.
It set up a meeting with older sister and top seed Taysie (Woodstock), who came out on top 6-0, 6-1 to win her first 16&U title.
Jana Cooper-Marcos (Oxford) lost the 12 & under girls final 4-2, 4-1 to Hannah Smith (Hampshire).
A rain-affected British Tour event at North Oxford is due to conclude this afternoon.
The tournament gives the chance for Oxfordshire’s strongest upcoming players, Seb Rey and Alexis Canter, to compete locally after their international travels.
Rey, seeded seventh, won his first round match 6-3, 6-1 against Surrey’s Adam Skalsky.
Lucy Brown, from Elsfield, is number one seed in the women’s event.
Latest Sport news
- Ryan Ledson joins Oxford United from Everton for undisclosed fee
- Andy Triggs Hodge bows out on a high to concentrate on family
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Oxford Saints smash Cornish Sharks to land play-off semi-final slot
- CRICKET: Sussex paceman Tymal Mills given green light to play for Oxfordshire
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's Jade O'Dowda sets sights on Tokyo 2020 Olympics after defending national heptathlon title
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire captain Luke Ryan reflects on testing minor counties campaign
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire paceman Chad Keegan retires
- RACING: Hughie Morrison delighted after Nearly Caught triumphs in France
- BAR BILLIARDS: Bletchingdon beat Gladiators for first win of season
- BOWLS: Alan Ley leads Oxfordshire to tight win over Buckinghamshire