There was local success in the early rounds of the Henman Solicitiors LTA Grade 4 tournament at Woodstock .
In the inaugural men’s competition, Rob Powell (Woodstock) defeated Charlie Lane, from Abingdon, 7-5, 6-1 in the final.
In the 16 & under girls event, Saffy Gujral (Woodstock) had her best win of the year by defeating second seed Sofie Watkins (Surrey) 6-3, 6-7, 10-4 in the semi-final.
It set up a meeting with older sister and top seed Taysie (Woodstock), who came out on top 6-0, 6-1 to win her first 16&U title.
Jana Cooper-Marcos (Oxford) lost the 12 & under girls final 4-2, 4-1 to Hannah Smith (Hampshire).
A rain-affected British Tour event at North Oxford is due to conclude this afternoon.
The tournament gives the chance for Oxfordshire’s strongest upcoming players, Seb Rey and Alexis Canter, to compete locally after their international travels.
Rey, seeded seventh, won his first round match 6-3, 6-1 against Surrey’s Adam Skalsky.
Lucy Brown, from Elsfield, is number one seed in the women’s event.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal