There was local success in the early rounds of the Henman Solicitiors LTA Grade 4 tournament at Woodstock .
In the inaugural men’s competition, Rob Powell (Woodstock) defeated Charlie Lane, from Abingdon, 7-5, 6-1 in the final.
In the 16 & under girls event, Saffy Gujral (Woodstock) had her best win of the year by defeating second seed Sofie Watkins (Surrey) 6-3, 6-7, 10-4 in the semi-final.
It set up a meeting with older sister and top seed Taysie (Woodstock), who came out on top 6-0, 6-1 to win her first 16&U title.
Jana Cooper-Marcos (Oxford) lost the 12 & under girls final 4-2, 4-1 to Hannah Smith (Hampshire).
A rain-affected British Tour event at North Oxford is due to conclude this afternoon.
The tournament gives the chance for Oxfordshire’s strongest upcoming players, Seb Rey and Alexis Canter, to compete locally after their international travels.
Rey, seeded seventh, won his first round match 6-3, 6-1 against Surrey’s Adam Skalsky.
Lucy Brown, from Elsfield, is number one seed in the women’s event.
Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City boss Mark Jones makes three new signings