Oxford RL include former London Broncos prop Karl Temata in their squad for their match away to high-riding Hunslet in Kingstone Press Championship One on Sunday (3pm).
Temata signed for Oxford this week on a deal until the end of the season from leading French club Limoux Grizzlies.
The 35-year-old, who represented the Cook Islands in the 2000 World Cup, played for London Broncos/ Harlequins, for eight seasons. He was named player of the year in 2009.
As well as playing, Temata will also be joining Oxford coach Tony Benson’s backroom staff.
Benson said: “I coached him in New Zealalnd, and we have been in touch ever since.”
Oxford travel to the South Leeds Stadium looking to bounce back after their 30-24 loss to the Hemel Stags.
This will be the third time these two clubs have met this season.
Oxford crashed 68-6 at Hunslet in the Challenge Cup before going down to a 46-20 home defeat in the league.
Hunslet went down to defeat last week losing 40-0 York, who replaced them at the top.
Oxford’s Jimmy Rowland is ruled out with a ligament injury, while there are also doubts over Chris Clark (rib) and Glenn Osborn (hamstring).
Oxford RL squad: Baird, Benson, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, Mulkeen, Newton, O'Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Temata, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Latest Sport news
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor
- GOLF: Triple bogey destroys Eddie Pepperell's chances of making the halfway cut