Oxford City & County duo Katherine Hawes and Carol Penson have qualified for the National Singles Championships held at Leamington Spa in August.
Hawes booked her place by brushing aside Banbury Borough’s Carole Walker 21-3 in the Oxfordshire semi-finals at Banbury Chestnuts, while Penson beat Bloxham’s Pat Ostler 21-10.
Quarter-finals: P Williams (Long Hanborough) 15, C Walker (Banbury Borough) 23; K Hawes (Oxford City & County) 21, J Berry (Oxford City & County) 17; S Amos (Banbury Central) 16, P Ostler (Bloxham) 21; C Penson (Oxford City & County) 21, J Stafford (Shiplake) 9.
Semi-finals: C Walker 3, K Hawes 21; P Ostler 10, C Penson 21.
- UPDATES - Chesterfield v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: It’s a challenging schedule but we’re more than ready
- Rob Hall hoping to boost Oxford United during busy period after much-needed rest
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton left with selection headache for Chesterfield clash
- BOXING: Sammy Ait-Tales lands victory on professional debut
- TABLE TENNIS: Christine Scaysbrook's first maximum saves depleted Forum C
- SWIMMING: City of Oxford youngsters land two trophies in Cardiff
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars aim to bounce back against basement side
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Q Zone A stretch lead in Oxford League to three points
- ANGLING: Martin Robinson lands Fair Rosamund Trophy