Watlington's Sam Watts is set to make his Middleton Cup debut for Oxfordshire against Middlesex at Oxford City & County on Saturday (2pm).
The county under 25s bowler will play lead in the rink completed by Headington trio Gary May, Jason King and skip Mark Charlett in the South Group Section B opener.
Fellow junior teammate Shane Cooper (Banbury Central) makes only his second appearance.
He plays at No 2 in the rink skipped by Carterton’s Paul Sharman, which also features Banbury Central’s Lee Young and Shiplake Village’s Barry Lambourne.
Bicester’s Rob Pink has been recalled, and will play in a new rink with Headington’s Colin Whitehead and Carterton’s Baden Sparkes, who were unavailable last year, and Headington’s Remy Clanfield.
West Witney’s Kevin Alder also earns a recall and will play No 2 alongside Headington trio Dean May, Nathan Lewis and skip Ian Snowdon.
Carterton’s Alan Prew continues as captain as Oxon seek to improve on reaching the quarter-finals in the last two years.
Banbury Borough’s Keith Holloway is vice-captain.
Oxfordshire: K Holloway (Banbury Borough), I Henwood (Headington), C Carpenter (Banbury Borough), A Prew (Carterton, capt); S Watts (Watlington), G May (Headington), J King (Headington), M Charlett (Headington); L Young (Banbury Central), S Cooper (Banbury Central), B Lambourne (Shiplake Village), P Sharman (Carterton); D May (Headington), K Alder (West Witney), N Lewis (Headington), I Snowdon (Headington); R Pink (Bicester), R Clanfield (Headington), C Whitehead (Headington), B Sparkes (Carterton); AJ Docherty (Banbury Borough), G Schwab (Banbury Borough), R Redford (Banbury Borough), M Sykes (Banbury Borough).
OXFORDSHIRE’S Gary May missed out on a place in the England junior men’s squad following the trials at Royal Leamington Spa.
The Headington star gave a good account of himself, but was unable to secure a place for the British Isles International Series in September.
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton back young guns to reach the top if they keep learning
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield stun Masons in Oxford League
- MOTOR RACING: Lance Stroll stays calm ahead of his Formula debut in Melbourne
- RUGBY UNION: Round-up of the Oxfordshire Under 14 and 15 finals
- ATHLETICS: Paul Fernandez secures second at Banbury 15
- Oxon Senior Cup semi-final between Oxford United and Banbury United is postponed
- Michael Appleton frustrated as errors undermine Oxford United display
- Darryl Eales expects Oxford United to have increased playing budget next season
- Wallingford Town pipped in semi-final
- FOOTBALL: Unbeaten FC Hollybush capture Division 1 title with four games in hand