Watlington's Sam Watts is set to make his Middleton Cup debut for Oxfordshire against Middlesex at Oxford City & County on Saturday (2pm).
The county under 25s bowler will play lead in the rink completed by Headington trio Gary May, Jason King and skip Mark Charlett in the South Group Section B opener.
Fellow junior teammate Shane Cooper (Banbury Central) makes only his second appearance.
He plays at No 2 in the rink skipped by Carterton’s Paul Sharman, which also features Banbury Central’s Lee Young and Shiplake Village’s Barry Lambourne.
Bicester’s Rob Pink has been recalled, and will play in a new rink with Headington’s Colin Whitehead and Carterton’s Baden Sparkes, who were unavailable last year, and Headington’s Remy Clanfield.
West Witney’s Kevin Alder also earns a recall and will play No 2 alongside Headington trio Dean May, Nathan Lewis and skip Ian Snowdon.
Carterton’s Alan Prew continues as captain as Oxon seek to improve on reaching the quarter-finals in the last two years.
Banbury Borough’s Keith Holloway is vice-captain.
Oxfordshire: K Holloway (Banbury Borough), I Henwood (Headington), C Carpenter (Banbury Borough), A Prew (Carterton, capt); S Watts (Watlington), G May (Headington), J King (Headington), M Charlett (Headington); L Young (Banbury Central), S Cooper (Banbury Central), B Lambourne (Shiplake Village), P Sharman (Carterton); D May (Headington), K Alder (West Witney), N Lewis (Headington), I Snowdon (Headington); R Pink (Bicester), R Clanfield (Headington), C Whitehead (Headington), B Sparkes (Carterton); AJ Docherty (Banbury Borough), G Schwab (Banbury Borough), R Redford (Banbury Borough), M Sykes (Banbury Borough).
OXFORDSHIRE’S Gary May missed out on a place in the England junior men’s squad following the trials at Royal Leamington Spa.
The Headington star gave a good account of himself, but was unable to secure a place for the British Isles International Series in September.
- Oxford United run out of time in plans for temporary fourth stand against Wycombe Wanderers
- We have no reason to change preparations, says Oxford United striker Chris Maguire
- FOOTBALL: Oxford Blackbirds crowned Oxford Mail Youth League's Under 12 Division C champions
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge