MASONS A pulled off a suprise as they came from behind to beat Premier side Vikings to reach the Gracie J’s League Cup final, writes PETE EWINS.
The Section 1 side went ahead through Dave Rose (4,140), but Alan Oliver (6,310) and Bob Allsworth put Vikings in front at West Oxford Democrats.
In a low scoring fourth game, Alan Lowe pipped Richard Garrett by 320 to square the match at 2-2.
Mick Murphy was the hero, beating Allan Lacey to send Masons through .
Masons will play Gladiators Club A in the final.
Gladiators Club B are through to the Plate Final after a 3-2 win over Marlborough Club, played at Berinsfield.
Reg Johnson won the deciding point.
Glad’s will face Kennington Club in the final after they beat Didcot Con Club 3-2 at Headington Con Club.
The finals and presentations will take place at the Gladiators Club this Saturday.
Latest Sport news
- World Cup warm-up games come second to Oxford United's play-off push - Ryan Ledson
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell’s off to a steady start in South Africa
- Andy Cook appointed new manager of Oxford United women
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club stretch lead with whitewash win
- MOTORSPORT: Anything’s possible this season, says Renault driver Jolyon Palmer
- ROWING: Former Abingdon School pupil Tom Digby adds to his world record tally
- ICE HOCKEY: Lacklustre Oxford City Stars defeated as Milton Keynes Thunder take quick revenge
- AUNT SALLY: Banbury Cricket Club take Eynsham Winter League title in first season
- RUGBY UNION: Henley Hawks fined for breach of RFU agent rules
- ATHLETICS: Hannah Hale breaks Eynsham club record at Bramley 20