MASONS A pulled off a suprise as they came from behind to beat Premier side Vikings to reach the Gracie J’s League Cup final, writes PETE EWINS.
The Section 1 side went ahead through Dave Rose (4,140), but Alan Oliver (6,310) and Bob Allsworth put Vikings in front at West Oxford Democrats.
In a low scoring fourth game, Alan Lowe pipped Richard Garrett by 320 to square the match at 2-2.
Mick Murphy was the hero, beating Allan Lacey to send Masons through .
Masons will play Gladiators Club A in the final.
Gladiators Club B are through to the Plate Final after a 3-2 win over Marlborough Club, played at Berinsfield.
Reg Johnson won the deciding point.
Glad’s will face Kennington Club in the final after they beat Didcot Con Club 3-2 at Headington Con Club.
The finals and presentations will take place at the Gladiators Club this Saturday.
Latest Sport news
- Ollie Mersch's superb century for Minster Lovell brushes aside Combe
- Mike Ford hoping to keep star men at Banbury United
- CRICKET: Charlbury's Ashley Rump hammers super 196 not out to batter Radley in OCA
- AUNT SALLY: Barry Townsend so close to a maximum
- FOOTBALL: Berinsfield stay top but North Berks title hopes rest with rivals
- FOOTBALL: Horatio Hirst hammers four-timer as Oxfordshire seal title glory
- FOOTBALL: West Witney beat Carterton Town to boost Witney & District FA title challenge
- FOOTBALL: Heyford Athletic land treble with Banbury Charity Cup win
- GIRLS' FOOTBALL: Thea Hornblow's hat-trick helps Oxford City reach final
- FOOTBALL: Otis Woodward fires Chequers to County Junior League Cup triumph