MASONS A pulled off a suprise as they came from behind to beat Premier side Vikings to reach the Gracie J’s League Cup final, writes PETE EWINS.
The Section 1 side went ahead through Dave Rose (4,140), but Alan Oliver (6,310) and Bob Allsworth put Vikings in front at West Oxford Democrats.
In a low scoring fourth game, Alan Lowe pipped Richard Garrett by 320 to square the match at 2-2.
Mick Murphy was the hero, beating Allan Lacey to send Masons through .
Masons will play Gladiators Club A in the final.
Gladiators Club B are through to the Plate Final after a 3-2 win over Marlborough Club, played at Berinsfield.
Reg Johnson won the deciding point.
Glad’s will face Kennington Club in the final after they beat Didcot Con Club 3-2 at Headington Con Club.
The finals and presentations will take place at the Gladiators Club this Saturday.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 2 (Thomas 28, Crowley 90+4), Brighton & HA 4 (Adekugbe 2, LuaLua 76, Manu 81, Hemed 85)
- Oxford Utd v Brighton & HA - LIVE
- Oxford United linked with Everton midfielder Ryan Ledson
- Oxford United eye another Championship scalp as Brighton prepare to shuffle their pack
- Michael Appleton: Friendly defeat of more use to Oxford United than Brighton ahead of EFL Cup tie
- CRICKET: Witney Mills anger as ‘awful incident’ ends game
- HOCKEY: Super Oxford Hawks youngsters help England win bronze medal
- Oxford City secretary John Shepperd thrilled to receive long service honour from the Football Association
- DARTS: Marvel Matty Smith records three maximums for Cowley British Legion
- Euro trip could be last for threatened Oxford City Lions – boss Enrique Guillen