MASONS A pulled off a suprise as they came from behind to beat Premier side Vikings to reach the Gracie J’s League Cup final, writes PETE EWINS.
The Section 1 side went ahead through Dave Rose (4,140), but Alan Oliver (6,310) and Bob Allsworth put Vikings in front at West Oxford Democrats.
In a low scoring fourth game, Alan Lowe pipped Richard Garrett by 320 to square the match at 2-2.
Mick Murphy was the hero, beating Allan Lacey to send Masons through .
Masons will play Gladiators Club A in the final.
Gladiators Club B are through to the Plate Final after a 3-2 win over Marlborough Club, played at Berinsfield.
Reg Johnson won the deciding point.
Glad’s will face Kennington Club in the final after they beat Didcot Con Club 3-2 at Headington Con Club.
The finals and presentations will take place at the Gladiators Club this Saturday.
Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central