MASONS A pulled off a suprise as they came from behind to beat Premier side Vikings to reach the Gracie J’s League Cup final, writes PETE EWINS.
The Section 1 side went ahead through Dave Rose (4,140), but Alan Oliver (6,310) and Bob Allsworth put Vikings in front at West Oxford Democrats.
In a low scoring fourth game, Alan Lowe pipped Richard Garrett by 320 to square the match at 2-2.
Mick Murphy was the hero, beating Allan Lacey to send Masons through .
Masons will play Gladiators Club A in the final.
Gladiators Club B are through to the Plate Final after a 3-2 win over Marlborough Club, played at Berinsfield.
Reg Johnson won the deciding point.
Glad’s will face Kennington Club in the final after they beat Didcot Con Club 3-2 at Headington Con Club.
The finals and presentations will take place at the Gladiators Club this Saturday.
Latest Sport news
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United
- Michael Appleton fuming as Oxford United pay penalty for missing chances
- Southend midfielder admits he was lucky to still be on the pitch to net winner against Oxford United
- International call-up rules Benji Buchel out of two Oxford United games
- FOOTBALL: Marvel Mia Thomsen scores six for Kidlington in Oxford Mail Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Jack Self’s last-minute strike saves day as Banbury snatch point
- FOOTBALL: Joe Hanlon the star as Quarry Rovers dig out victory in 11-goal thriller
- FOOTBALL: Deadly Matthew Saunders sparks Long Wittenham victory
- FOOTBALL: Five for Jack Morton as Hanborough hammer Eynsham SSC