FORMER Oxford City player Ikechi Anya says he has no regrets about choosing to play for Scotland even though he could have been preparing for a World Cup with Nigeria, who the Tartan Army face tonight (8pm).
The Glasgow-born Anya has a Nigerian father and a Romanian mother, but opted for his country of birth, earning his first cap in September.
Watford winger Anya, who played 12 Southern League games for City in 2007, said: “My love of football developed when I was in Scotland.”
* The Scottish FA have been contacted by the National Crime Agency regarding a match-fixing threat surrounding tonight’s game.
Latest Sport news
- Barnet 3 (Weston 7, Akinde 11 & pen 66), Oxford United 3 (Thomas 43 & 46, Crowley 81)
- LIVE -Barnet v Oxford United
- Oxford United prepared for physical test in final pre-season friendly at Barnet
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City lose Marlon Jackson to Newport County
- FOOTBALL: Manager Les Taylor confident Oxford United women will rise to big occasion
- SWIMMING: Emily Nisbet wins medals in Scottish Championships
- ANGLING: Ian Young wins Oxford Summer League on low-scoring day
- MARTIAL ARTS: Katie Franks lands three world titles
- MOTORVRACING: Valtteri Bottas eyes strong showing for Williams in Germany
- CRICKET: Horspath youngsters make it a hat-trick of titles