Will Whittell starred on his debut as Aston Rowant beat Chingford by eight wickets in their Club Conference Cricket Cup first round clash.
A below-par fielding display from the visitors saw the Essex side reach 208-7 off their 45 overs.
In reply, Chris Watling fell early, but fellow opener Whittell stood firm.
He ended on 76 not out and shared a second-wicket partnership of 143 with Richard Cook, who finished unbeaten on 80 as Rowant passed their target with almost three overs remaining.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 5 (Johnson 11, Rothwell 35, McAleny 39, 49 & 90+5), Bury 1 (Vaughan 58)
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North