Will Whittell starred on his debut as Aston Rowant beat Chingford by eight wickets in their Club Conference Cricket Cup first round clash.
A below-par fielding display from the visitors saw the Essex side reach 208-7 off their 45 overs.
In reply, Chris Watling fell early, but fellow opener Whittell stood firm.
He ended on 76 not out and shared a second-wicket partnership of 143 with Richard Cook, who finished unbeaten on 80 as Rowant passed their target with almost three overs remaining.
Latest Sport news
- RUGBY UNION: Oxfordshire beat Sussex in dramatic Twickenham final
- TWICKENHAM: Captain Allan Purchase honoured to lead Oxfordshire in County Championship Plate final
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows eyeing glory after heartbreak as a player
- TWICKENHAM: Banbury duo Ed Phillips and Sam Stoop relishing chance to make history for Oxfordshire
- TWICKENHAM: A busy week on and off the pitch for finalists Oxfordshire
- Oxford United young gun Malachi Napa has career immortalised in a comic strip by West Ham
- CRICKET: Ian Caunce stars for Oxfordshire veterans
- MOTORSPORT: Dominic Paul in dominant form for SPY
- TWICKENHAM: Oxfordshire's history at the home of English rugby
- ANGLING: Kevin Jeacock takes victory