Will Whittell starred on his debut as Aston Rowant beat Chingford by eight wickets in their Club Conference Cricket Cup first round clash.
A below-par fielding display from the visitors saw the Essex side reach 208-7 off their 45 overs.
In reply, Chris Watling fell early, but fellow opener Whittell stood firm.
He ended on 76 not out and shared a second-wicket partnership of 143 with Richard Cook, who finished unbeaten on 80 as Rowant passed their target with almost three overs remaining.
Latest Sport news
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks
- MOTORSPORT: Williams' Valtteri Bottas on a mission to end his Monaco hoodoo in F1
- POINT-TO-POINT: Alan Hill hoping for Kingston Blount glory
- BOXING: Clarke and Robinson claim wins for Blackbird Leys
- KAYAKING: Ava Dale to show off Great Britain vest
- ANGLING: Higgins pips Pether to big title
- UPDATE: Oxford United fans in a hurry to snap-up season tickets
- Callum O'Dowda an unused substitute in Republic of Ireland's draw with the Netherlands