Will Whittell starred on his debut as Aston Rowant beat Chingford by eight wickets in their Club Conference Cricket Cup first round clash.
A below-par fielding display from the visitors saw the Essex side reach 208-7 off their 45 overs.
In reply, Chris Watling fell early, but fellow opener Whittell stood firm.
He ended on 76 not out and shared a second-wicket partnership of 143 with Richard Cook, who finished unbeaten on 80 as Rowant passed their target with almost three overs remaining.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Rob Hall eyes final fitness milestone in Oxford United's clash with Oldham Athletic
- Young Oxford United squad need me to be an assertive leader – Michael Appleton
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- BOXING: Ex-world champion Steve Collins sees Oxford fighters star
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal