Oxfordshire head into their final Premier Division fixture of the season this weekend at home to Glamorgan, knowing that only a miracle will keep them in the top flight.
Bottom-of-the-table Oxon must beat relegation rivals Glamorgan and hope other results go their way.
Four counties could go down – Cheshire, Glamorgan and Gwent are the other candidates – but Oxon need a big victory to avoid being one of the two dropping to Division 1.
Relegation would end a two-year stay in the top flight.
Despite the county’s disappointing campaign overall, their ladies A team have been magnificent and are set to a capture their own section title.
They are boosted by the return of experienced Clare Bywaters, while Laura Ross comes in for her debut in the ladies B team.
Keith Bedding and Dean Lockyer return to the men’s B. The games will be played at the Ex-Services and Bicester Families Club in Sheep Street, Bicester, with play starting at 11am on Saturday and Sunday.
Men’s A: N Cobb, S Holley, B Kearns (Doggy Styles Dog Grooming), P Kearns (Windrush Club), P Krabben, A Larner (Witney Trophy Centre), E Lilly, K Lowe, J McCarthy, D Smith, A Stevens (Corner House, Headington), A Thomas (ACG Labels). Men’s B: A Barrett (Oxford Blue Print), K Bedding (KRC), A Bowman, M Burns (Paddy Walsh), S Cooper, G Grant, D Hammond (Blue & Green Marine), D Newman (Duke of Cumberland’s Head), D Lockyer, J Palmer (The Blacks Head), S Robinson, N Russell (Roots of Oxford). Ladies’ A: C Bywaters (TD Travel Minibus Hire), S Cox, C Gallagher, D Hedman (Oxfordshire Executive Chauffeurs), K Ledbury, R Rose ( KFC).
Ladies’ B: Cali Birch, Cath Birch, T Borton, S Castle (KFC), H Prowton, L Ross.
Latest Sport news
- Rob Hall sets up two goals on Oxford United return
- UPDATE: New ticket details for Oxford United's FA Cup tie at Merstham announced
- Ex-Oxford United striker Jefferson Louis loving return to area with Oxford City – 32 transfers later
- FOOTBALL: Sam Barder is Didcot’s match-winner while Banbury and Kidlington earn draws and Wantage are thrashed
- FOOTBALL: Mansfield Road stay top of Oxfordshire Senior League
- FOOTBALL: North Berks leaders Berinsfield are in seventh heaven
- FOOTBALL: Damini Bhagat bags five as unbeaten Oxford City girls prove too strong
- FOOTBALL: Oxfordshire Schools are beaten in first match
- Ryan Ledson and Rob Hall to deliver twin boost for Oxford United tomorrow
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell focused on ensuring losing European Tour card is just a minor setback