Eddie Pepperell will be aiming to edge into contention at Wentworth this weekend after weathering tough conditions to comfortably make the cut yesterday.
The 23-year-old from Abingdon battled in heavy rain to card a one-over-par 73 to reach the halfway stage at the BMW PGA Championship two-under-par for a place in the top 25.
While eight shots behind joint leaders Thomas Bjorn and Shane Lowry, the Frilford Heath golfer is within two strokes of the top ten as he tees off today.
It came after an early start for the Frilford Heath golfer, who had to return to the Surrey course and finish off a disrupted first round.
Pepperell had only completed 12 holes when play was suspended and he consolidated a decent start with two birdies and two birdies to round off a three-under-par 69.
It put him in the top 15, but after a brief interlude the second round began with three bogeys in the first five holes.
But a run of pars steadied the ship, before a birdie at the par three tenth got Oxfordshire’s No 1 moving in the right direction.
Another shot was picked up at the 17th to limit the damage and see him start the weekend on two-under, in a group alongside compatriots Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter.
Latest Sport news
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action
- FOOTBALL: Arran Gray’s hat-trick clinches North Berks League Division 4 title for Blewbury
- FOOTBALL: Superlative Kidlington make it perfect season in Oxford Mail Under 12 Girls League
- FOOTBALL: Chequers win dramatic Oxford City FA Premier Cup final on penalties
- FOOTBALL: Dan Bott’s brace helps Chipping Norton to finish fourth in Witney & District FA Premier Division
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City’s ladies ease to cup final win
- FOOTBALL: Wayne Blossom shines with double as KEA secure Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- YOUTH FOOTBALL: George Corti’s four-timer is in vain for Botley Boys
- Roger James double sees North Leigh beat Oxford United to lift Oxon Senior Cup