Eddie Pepperell will be aiming to edge into contention at Wentworth this weekend after weathering tough conditions to comfortably make the cut yesterday.
The 23-year-old from Abingdon battled in heavy rain to card a one-over-par 73 to reach the halfway stage at the BMW PGA Championship two-under-par for a place in the top 25.
While eight shots behind joint leaders Thomas Bjorn and Shane Lowry, the Frilford Heath golfer is within two strokes of the top ten as he tees off today.
It came after an early start for the Frilford Heath golfer, who had to return to the Surrey course and finish off a disrupted first round.
Pepperell had only completed 12 holes when play was suspended and he consolidated a decent start with two birdies and two birdies to round off a three-under-par 69.
It put him in the top 15, but after a brief interlude the second round began with three bogeys in the first five holes.
But a run of pars steadied the ship, before a birdie at the par three tenth got Oxfordshire’s No 1 moving in the right direction.
Another shot was picked up at the 17th to limit the damage and see him start the weekend on two-under, in a group alongside compatriots Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter.
Latest Sport news
- Tyler Roberts holds his nerve as Oxford United make it third time lucky with shoot-out win over Southend
- FOOTBALL: Ismael Liverpool shines as Cropredy go fourth
- FOOTBALL: Liam Jones grabs hat-trick as Bodicote Sports reach Under 12 KO Cup last four
- FOOTBALL: Cumnor Minors beat Tower Hill on penalties in Under 15 KO Cup
- FOOTBALL: Andy McCabe's double settles it for Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire Junior Shield
- FOOTBALL: Another Kayleigh Tubb treble leads super Oxford City Under 12s on a six-goal spree
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh lose 3-0 lead as Hereford grab draw in eventful game for ex-Didcot Town men
- Southend United 1 (Wordsworth 86), Oxford United 1 (Maguire 81) (Oxford win 4-3 on pens)
- UPDATES - Southend United v Oxford United
- Oxford United reduce ticket prices for Emirates FA Cup replay