Dan Rivers has received a boost ahead of the Commonwealth Games after securing funding.
The 22-year-old, who will take part in all three small bore rifle categories in Glasgow in July, has received an award from the GLL Sport Foundation.
The money will go towards Rivers’ training, equipment and travel.
He said: “Funding is key to ensure I meet my goals.
“Regular travel and training is expensive and this award will help me to meet my goals and win medals.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash
- Oxford United fans' chat
- Chris Maguire hails 'remarkable' away support as Oxford United beat Carlisle
- Oxford United keeper Benji Buchel so thankful to Danny Hylton for goalline clearance
- Missed chances frustrate Oxford United head coach Michael Appleton in victory over Carlisle United
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United celebrate return to top flight after play-off victory
- WEEKEND RESULTS: April 30-May 1
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City sign off with home defeat
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire start Unicorns Counties Trophy bid with defeat to Devon
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United