Dan Rivers has received a boost ahead of the Commonwealth Games after securing funding.
The 22-year-old, who will take part in all three small bore rifle categories in Glasgow in July, has received an award from the GLL Sport Foundation.
The money will go towards Rivers’ training, equipment and travel.
He said: “Funding is key to ensure I meet my goals.
“Regular travel and training is expensive and this award will help me to meet my goals and win medals.”
Latest Sport news
- WATCH: Oxford United players undergo gruelling tests on first day of pre-season
- Fixture changes for Oxford United include derby at Swindon Town
- Oxford United will start pre-season training at Bisham Abbey while work is done at Roman Way
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- CRICKET: Ben Knowler's late spell helps send Aston Rowant top of Cherwell League Division 1
- FOOTBALL: Mick Conmy wins top honour at Oxfordshire FA awards
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- CRICKET: Dan White's the man for Hook Norton but rain has final say against Great Horwood