Dan Rivers has received a boost ahead of the Commonwealth Games after securing funding.
The 22-year-old, who will take part in all three small bore rifle categories in Glasgow in July, has received an award from the GLL Sport Foundation.
The money will go towards Rivers’ training, equipment and travel.
He said: “Funding is key to ensure I meet my goals.
“Regular travel and training is expensive and this award will help me to meet my goals and win medals.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BRADLEY SMITH COLUMN: Getting back on track takes sweat and tears
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat