Dan Rivers has received a boost ahead of the Commonwealth Games after securing funding.
The 22-year-old, who will take part in all three small bore rifle categories in Glasgow in July, has received an award from the GLL Sport Foundation.
The money will go towards Rivers’ training, equipment and travel.
He said: “Funding is key to ensure I meet my goals.
“Regular travel and training is expensive and this award will help me to meet my goals and win medals.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list