Dan Rivers has received a boost ahead of the Commonwealth Games after securing funding.
The 22-year-old, who will take part in all three small bore rifle categories in Glasgow in July, has received an award from the GLL Sport Foundation.
The money will go towards Rivers’ training, equipment and travel.
He said: “Funding is key to ensure I meet my goals.
“Regular travel and training is expensive and this award will help me to meet my goals and win medals.”
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Maccclesfield Town v Oxford United
- Macclesfield tie is chance to repeat Oxford United’s FA Cup heroics – boss Michael Appleton
- Jonny Giles has ability and attitude to succeed, says City boss ahead of winger's return to Oxford United
- Fit-again Joe Rothwell hoping for Oxford United recall in John Lundstram's absence
- Paul Moody cannot wait for reunion 20 years in the making to celebrate Oxford United’s big finish
- Oxford United goalkeeper Simon Eastwood desperate to avoid becoming Emirates FA Cup headline
- Head coach Michael Appleton likely to shuffle Oxford United pack for Macclesfield Town clash
- RUGBY UNION: Naming Varsity Match squad has heightened Oxford University's focus, says captain Fergus Taylor
- GOLF: Triple bogey destroys Eddie Pepperell's chances of making the halfway cut
- Macclesfield looking forward to showing their ability against Oxford United, says skipper