Dan Blair led the way with three medals as four of Oxfordshire’s top players enjoyed a productive trip to compete in the Hampshire Under 16 Open.
Blair, from Didcot, opened his account in the boys singles, thrashing Devon’s Will Friar 21-10, 21-13 in the final.
He then teamed up with Brize Norton’s Ben Roberts to claim the boys doubles title, beating Friar and his partner, Andrew Brownlie of Sussex, 21-14, 21-14. Blair could not quite complete a golden hat-trick in Winchester, as he and Kezia Lawson (Benson) had to settle for a silver in the mixed doubles.
They eventually lost a closely-contested final 21-19, 20-22, 21-19 to Dorset’s Jack McGregor and Freya Patel-Redfearn, from Middlesex. Megan Ready, of Long Wittenham, completed the quartet, teaming up with Lawson to win a bronze in the girls doubles.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Ali leads Oracle F to Oxford League title
- SWIMMING: Bicester Blue Fins prove cut above to seal fine success
- Oxford United explore possibility of fourth stand for Wycombe clash
- Oxford United are where we want to be, says Carlisle United manager Keith Curle
- James Roberts eyeing a happy ending with Oxford United after horrible season