Ben Goodall put thoughts about his exams to one side and passed a different test to claim tumbling gold at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena.
It was the Harwell teenager’s second gold in two outings in the series.
A victory in the opening round at Sheffield in March booked Goodall’s place in the national championships later this year.
So the 15-year-old was using the second event to begin the preparations for the finals, held in Liverpool this September.
The build-up was not ideal, with Goodall having to juggle his time between training and studying for his GCSEs.
But despite being short of top form, he came up trumps against the country’s best tumblers in the 15-16 elite age group.
Pulling together all his strength and energy, he delivered a strong routine in his first run.
It saw the Oxfordshire talent claim the lead and an even better second run secured the overall victory.
The focus now switches to increasing the complexity of his tumble runs in preparation for the British Championships at the end of the summer.
Success there would put him in strong contention for a place at the World Age Group Championships in the USA two months later.
As a non-funded sport, tumbling is not subsidised and with no facilities locally, Goodall travels to Milton Keynes three times a week to train.
Anyone interested in sponsorship should get in touch by emailing Alisongoodall@yahoo.co.uk for more information.
Latest Sport news
- Toni Martinez excited by prospect of making Oxford United debut in FA Cup clash with Newcastle United
- Silence from Firoz Kassam as stadium talks continue
- Ryan Taylor: Wembley impossible to ignore for Oxford United in Checkatrade Trophy quarter-final
- HOCKEY: Oxford Hawks are held to draw after Kyle Barnes's brace gives them flying start
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson out as Banbury United take on play-off rivals Chesham United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor return to the top of National League 2 South as Basil Strang stars in Redingensians win
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury unbeaten run ends in Newbury defeat
- RUGBY UNION: Victory sees Bicester go top of Southern Counties North, but Gosford All Blacks are beaten
- RUGBY UNION: Littlemore and Wheatley claim derby spoils + VIDEO
- Oxford United agree loan for £2.4m striker Toni Martinez from West Ham