Ben Goodall put thoughts about his exams to one side and passed a different test to claim tumbling gold at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena.
It was the Harwell teenager’s second gold in two outings in the series.
A victory in the opening round at Sheffield in March booked Goodall’s place in the national championships later this year.
So the 15-year-old was using the second event to begin the preparations for the finals, held in Liverpool this September.
The build-up was not ideal, with Goodall having to juggle his time between training and studying for his GCSEs.
But despite being short of top form, he came up trumps against the country’s best tumblers in the 15-16 elite age group.
Pulling together all his strength and energy, he delivered a strong routine in his first run.
It saw the Oxfordshire talent claim the lead and an even better second run secured the overall victory.
The focus now switches to increasing the complexity of his tumble runs in preparation for the British Championships at the end of the summer.
Success there would put him in strong contention for a place at the World Age Group Championships in the USA two months later.
As a non-funded sport, tumbling is not subsidised and with no facilities locally, Goodall travels to Milton Keynes three times a week to train.
Anyone interested in sponsorship should get in touch by emailing Alisongoodall@yahoo.co.uk for more information.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw at Macclesfield Town
- Alex MacDonald hails Simon Eastwood for keeping Oxford United in FA Cup
- ANGLING: Carl Eland's second place puts Drennan Oxford closer to Winter League crown
- FUTSAL: Liam Palfreeman’s selection forEngland is dream come true
- SWIMMING: Jemma Lowe Olympian inspires City of Oxford’s youngsters
- TABLE TENNIS: Janet Brown causes Karl Bushell big fright in Oxford League
- SNOOKER & BILLIARDS: Thame A close in on the Oxford League leaders
- BOXING: Mixed results for Berinsfield stars
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars looking for quick revenge on leaders
- Macclesfield Town 0, Oxford United 0