Ben Goodall put thoughts about his exams to one side and passed a different test to claim tumbling gold at Coventry’s Ricoh Arena.
It was the Harwell teenager’s second gold in two outings in the series.
A victory in the opening round at Sheffield in March booked Goodall’s place in the national championships later this year.
So the 15-year-old was using the second event to begin the preparations for the finals, held in Liverpool this September.
The build-up was not ideal, with Goodall having to juggle his time between training and studying for his GCSEs.
But despite being short of top form, he came up trumps against the country’s best tumblers in the 15-16 elite age group.
Pulling together all his strength and energy, he delivered a strong routine in his first run.
It saw the Oxfordshire talent claim the lead and an even better second run secured the overall victory.
The focus now switches to increasing the complexity of his tumble runs in preparation for the British Championships at the end of the summer.
Success there would put him in strong contention for a place at the World Age Group Championships in the USA two months later.
As a non-funded sport, tumbling is not subsidised and with no facilities locally, Goodall travels to Milton Keynes three times a week to train.
Anyone interested in sponsorship should get in touch by emailing Alisongoodall@yahoo.co.uk for more information.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow
- Oxford United chairman Darryl Eales believes 'B team' decision may change Checkatrade Trophy outlook
- Curtis Nelson pencilled in for Oxford United return next week - if today's session goes well
- BAR BILLIARDS: Oxford suffer heavy defeat in Area Cup
- AUNT SALLY: Former world champion Henry Johnson wins Kidlington title
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s unstoppable veterans land 12th straight title at Southern Stage Road Relays
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire draw final friendly
- SWIMMING: Janette Cardy impresses to lift British Open Water Championships title
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars still looking for first cup win after Milton Keynes Thunder defeat
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's defeat at Southend United