Billy Minns, from Wallingford, took fourth place in his age category at the ASA National Skills Championships in Sheffield.
This great result followed the 14-year-old’s silver medal at the regional qualifying event in Crawley.
After working hard with coach Bernard Bicknell, Minns succeeded with two tricky dives from the 1m and 3m springboard, which brought him more than 30 points.
Minns has been part of Albatross Diving Club competitive squad, which trains in Reading, for the past two years.
He is also accomplished in martial arts being a black Belt in karate.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford are no match for Whitehaven in cup