Justin Burnell says London Welsh’s play-off final against Bristol cannot come around soon enough.
The Exiles host Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday night (7.45) in the first leg of their Greene King IPA Championship final.
And having experienced such a high with their last-gasp semi-final victory over Leeds, head coach Burnell (pictured above) is eager to get back in the fray.
“It’s a mouth-watering prospect, that’s why we are talking it up,” said Burnell.
“We can’t wait for it. It’s brilliant.”
Bristol, whose director of rugby is former England and Scotland coach Andy Robinson, are favourites for promotion, but there is no doubting Welsh’s determination.
“It is a special breed here,” said Burnell.
“It’s a good mixture. We have a couple of northerners, a couple of Welsh lads.
“The way they have been brought up is that you have got to work hard for everything in life and that’s what they proved today.
“We want success and the only way you will achieve that is by rolling your sleeves up and punching your guts out.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities