Justin Burnell says London Welsh’s play-off final against Bristol cannot come around soon enough.
The Exiles host Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday night (7.45) in the first leg of their Greene King IPA Championship final.
And having experienced such a high with their last-gasp semi-final victory over Leeds, head coach Burnell (pictured above) is eager to get back in the fray.
“It’s a mouth-watering prospect, that’s why we are talking it up,” said Burnell.
“We can’t wait for it. It’s brilliant.”
Bristol, whose director of rugby is former England and Scotland coach Andy Robinson, are favourites for promotion, but there is no doubting Welsh’s determination.
“It is a special breed here,” said Burnell.
“It’s a good mixture. We have a couple of northerners, a couple of Welsh lads.
“The way they have been brought up is that you have got to work hard for everything in life and that’s what they proved today.
“We want success and the only way you will achieve that is by rolling your sleeves up and punching your guts out.”
Latest Sport news
- Highly-rated teenager Tyler Roberts joins Oxford United on loan from West Brom
- VIDEO: Watch Oxford United signing Tyler Roberts scoring for West Brom
- Kane Hemmings out to make immediate impact at Oxford United
- Majority of Oxford United fans in poll prepared to boycott EFL Trophy
- ATHLETICS: Brilliant Tom Anstice claims three titles and breaks Radley club record
- BOWLS: Singles champion Chris Gilkes comes so close to historic Oxfordshire title double
- BOWLS: Headington and Carterton to vie for Oxfordshire League crown
- ATHLETICS: James Bolton wins Waddesdon Manor 5km title
- RUGBY UNION: Scrum half Greg Goodfellow backs Richard Thorpe to be big hit at Chinnor
- BAR BILLIARDS: Berinsfield in fine form in Johnson’s Buildbase Oxford & District Summer League