Justin Burnell says London Welsh’s play-off final against Bristol cannot come around soon enough.
The Exiles host Bristol at the Kassam Stadium on Wednesday night (7.45) in the first leg of their Greene King IPA Championship final.
And having experienced such a high with their last-gasp semi-final victory over Leeds, head coach Burnell (pictured above) is eager to get back in the fray.
“It’s a mouth-watering prospect, that’s why we are talking it up,” said Burnell.
“We can’t wait for it. It’s brilliant.”
Bristol, whose director of rugby is former England and Scotland coach Andy Robinson, are favourites for promotion, but there is no doubting Welsh’s determination.
“It is a special breed here,” said Burnell.
“It’s a good mixture. We have a couple of northerners, a couple of Welsh lads.
“The way they have been brought up is that you have got to work hard for everything in life and that’s what they proved today.
“We want success and the only way you will achieve that is by rolling your sleeves up and punching your guts out.”
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 4 (T Roberts 12, Maguire pen 36, Taylor 68, MacDonald 71), Exeter City 2 (Jay 43, McAlinden 61)
- Oxford United v Exeter City - LIVE
- Oxford United eye loan market for winger after permanent move for top target stalls
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match against Exeter?
- Simon Eastwood braced for ‘different’ mood as Oxford United set for low Checkatrade Trophy attendance
- FOOTBALL: Stuttering Oxford City beaten by ten-man Gosport Borough
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ella Franklin-Fraiture strike in vain as Oxford United fall to Durham defeat
- FOOTBALL: Superb North Leigh beat Swindon Supermarine to make four wins in a row
- DARTS: West Oxford Democrats Club survive scare to stay top of Section 2
- GOLF: Latest results from across Oxfordshire