Malcolm Evans starred as Oxfordshire made it two wins from two in Group 4 of the ECB 50+ Championship with a 136-run drubbing of Herefordshire at Challow & Childrey.
The visitors never looked like chasing down Oxon’s imposing 45-over total of 290-6, with their reply drifting to a close at 154-6.
Captain Paul Tew (43) and Darryl Woods (40) got Oxon off to a strong start after they had been inserted, with Alec Cunningham adding 34.
The real fireworks came towards the end when Evans hammered 58 not out off 30 balls.
Evans’s rapid knock featured four sixes and five fours.
After losing early wickets, Herefordshire could not muster up anything near the required run rate.
Left-arm spinner Ian Curtis took 3-14 in eight tight overs.
Although wicketless, Steve Roberts was even more miserly as his nine overs went for just 12 runs.
Oxfordshire will look to maintain their momentum when they face Shropshire at Shrewsbury on Wednesday.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Watch goals from new Oxford United striker Wes Thomas
- Oxford United sign striker Wes Thomas and defender Aaron Martin
- Oxford United's new faces help take squad to higher level, says Michael Appleton
- ATHLETICS: Nathan Douglas upbeat heading into make-or-break Olympic trials
- ANGLING: Littlemore ease into Supercup semi-finals
- BOXING: Darius Skop dominates in win over rival Jody Meikle
- CRICKET: Oxfordshire Over 60s in last-over victory
- CRICKET: Dylan Driscoll stars in Oxfordshire Under 10s victory
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison recovers from penalty to move top of the standings
- LACROSSE: Oxford City to hold taster session for all abilities