Oxford University will look to defend their title when they host Cambridge in the shortest version of the game - the Varsity Twenty20 match - today (3.30).
The Dark Blues triumphed in 2012, the last time the match was played in The Parks, while the 2013 clash at Fenners was abandoned due to rain.
Oxford are banking on pace duo Abidine Sakande and Jonny Marsden to pose a real threat against the Light Blues.
First-year student Sakande, who represented England Under 19s against Bangladesh in 2013 and is affiliated with Sussex, has impressed with his speed and sharp bounce.
Derbyshire’s Marsden had a strong 2013 campaign, but missed last year’s Twenty20 clash.
They will be supported by Sam Cato, whose off-spin bowling and energy in the field could prove vital.
Dark Blues captain Gus Kennedy has previously played for Cambridge University and Oxford CC.
He will look to impress with the bat alongside Ben Jeffery and Aston Rowant CC’s Nick Ferraby.
The match will feature pink balls and coloured clothing, with plenty of food and drink available.
As always, entry to The Parks is free.
Oxford: from Kennedy (capt), Haines, Williams, Chadwick, Sakande, Jeffery, Fogarty, O'Grady, Marsden, O'Gorman, Ferraby, Cato, Winter.
Cambridge: from Elliott (capt), Abbott, Ansari, Bath, Bell, Browne, Hearne, Hill, Khan, Pollock, Sadler, Senaratne, Wylie.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United 5 (Johnson 11, Rothwell 35, McAleny 39, 49 & 90+5), Bury 1 (Vaughan 58)
- Oxford United v Bury - UPDATES
- Phil Edwards: Oxford United must beat Bury tonight or they can forget play-off push
- Michael Appleton urges Oxford United players to seize final chance against Bury to push Wembley claims
- FOOTBALL: Summertown Stars reach FA People’s Cup finals
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor’s National League 2 South title bid suffers huge blow but Henley Hawks win
- GOLF: Champions Frilford Heath are whitewashed
- HOCKEY: Mixed emotions as Abingdon Pilgrims bow out with a victory before disbanding
- RUGBY UNION: Defeats for Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Banbury, but Grove triumph
- RUGBY UNION: Gosford All Blacks, Bicester and Wallingford all triumph in Southern Counties North