Oxford University will look to defend their title when they host Cambridge in the shortest version of the game - the Varsity Twenty20 match - today (3.30).
The Dark Blues triumphed in 2012, the last time the match was played in The Parks, while the 2013 clash at Fenners was abandoned due to rain.
Oxford are banking on pace duo Abidine Sakande and Jonny Marsden to pose a real threat against the Light Blues.
First-year student Sakande, who represented England Under 19s against Bangladesh in 2013 and is affiliated with Sussex, has impressed with his speed and sharp bounce.
Derbyshire’s Marsden had a strong 2013 campaign, but missed last year’s Twenty20 clash.
They will be supported by Sam Cato, whose off-spin bowling and energy in the field could prove vital.
Dark Blues captain Gus Kennedy has previously played for Cambridge University and Oxford CC.
He will look to impress with the bat alongside Ben Jeffery and Aston Rowant CC’s Nick Ferraby.
The match will feature pink balls and coloured clothing, with plenty of food and drink available.
As always, entry to The Parks is free.
Oxford: from Kennedy (capt), Haines, Williams, Chadwick, Sakande, Jeffery, Fogarty, O'Grady, Marsden, O'Gorman, Ferraby, Cato, Winter.
Cambridge: from Elliott (capt), Abbott, Ansari, Bath, Bell, Browne, Hearne, Hill, Khan, Pollock, Sadler, Senaratne, Wylie.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United face tense wait over Kemar Roofe's fitness for season finale
- Oxfordshire Senior Cup final details are confirmed
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United manager Mike Ford thrilled as his team win promotion play-off final
- RUGBY UNION: Oscar Heath racks up the points as Chinnor clinch top-six finish
- RUGBY UNION: Battling Oxfordshire suffer opening day defeat in County Championship Shield
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Ini Umotong's strike lifts Oxford United off the bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL fall short against Toulouse Olympique
- DARTS: ODDA summer league all set to begin
- GOLF: Paterson and Averell help Studley Wood extend winning run
- Oxford United to host drinks and barbecue before crunch Wycombe clash