Liz Bamber led the way as Oxfordshire over 40s won their opening Division 2A match 6-4 against Scotland West in the Senior County League.
Despite being eligible for the over 60s team, the Bampton player got them off to a good start by winning the opening singles rubber 6-4, 6-0 against Jackie Fullerton.
Juliane Spiers (Faringdon) followed it up with a 6-2, 6-4 success over Lilian Young.
But the Scots hit back to level by coming out on top in the first two doubles matches.
First, Suzi Willis (Witney) and Lisa Morgan (Blewbury) narrowly lost in the final set tie-break, before Helen Bush (Witney) and Spiers went down in straight sets.
The match hinged on the final doubles rubber, where Morgan and Willis won 6-1, 6-3 against Fullerton and Young.
White Horse 12 and under struggled against a West Hants club, which included the top British Under 11 Toby Samuel.
Despite the 12-0 loss, the line-up of Ollie Broadhurst, Ollie Dunn and Will Taylor found it a useful experience.
In the county AEGON men’s league, Abingdon beat Banbury 8-4 to go top of the table at the half-way stage.
Tomorrow marks the start of the week-long Henmans Solicitors Tennis Tournament at Woodstock.
The LTA Grade 4 event has expanded this year to include an adult section.
Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire hails Oxford United resilience after hitting back for draw
- Kane Hemmings hopes impact from bench can lead to Oxford United start
- We will always have a go, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton
- FOOTBALL Oxford City lose their way on nightmare day as they slip into the bottom two
- WEEKEND RESULTS September 24 & 25
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United hit three-goal blitz to land another win
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Charlton Athletic
- Charlton boss Russell Slade unhappy with side over Oxford United equaliser
- MOTOR SPORT: Bradley Smith makes speedy recovery to line up in Japan
- Oxford United 1 (Maguire 67), Charlton Athletic 1 (Jackson pen 54)