West Oxford Democrats Club were crowned Johnson Buildbase Oxford League Section 1 champions after picking up the two points they required in a 3-2 defeat at Didcot Conservative Club, writes PETE EWINS.
Terry Green (3,560) and John Patey (5,570), who also picked up the most wins award, were on target for Democrats.
Dennis Atkins (10,280), Stuart Florey (7,040) and Jenny Florey (3,500) gave Didcot victory on the night.
Berinsfield Club sneaked in for runners-up spot despite losing 4-1 at Vikings Club, who finish second in the Premier Section.
Gladiators B 3, Headington Con Club 2; Marlborough 3, Kennington 2; Masons B 2, Gladiators A 3; Vikings 4, Berinsfield 1; Didcot Con Club 3, West Oxford Democrats 2.
League Cup semi-finals: Masons A v Vikings (at West Oxford Democrats), Berinsfield v Gladiators A (at Kennington).
Plate semi-finals: Didcot Con Club v Kennington (at Headington Con Club), Marlborough v Gladiators B (at Berinsfield).
THE annual finals and presentation night is at the Gladiators Club on May 31.
- Simon Eastwood was always going to succeed with Oxford United, says defender Joe Skarz
- Bolton boss Phil Parkinson: We need to come out fighting against Oxford United
- Michael Appleton warns Oxford United of wounded Bolton Wanderers
- Chey Dunkley’s determined to continue rate of progress at Oxford United
- It's not a world I recognise, says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton as football is rocked by corruption charges
- FOOTBALL: Manager John Brough eyes historic FA Cup run to build North Leigh support
- FOOTBALL: Boss Andy Ballard begins four-game ban as Didcot Town face Bishops Cleeve
- RUGBY UNION: In-form Chinnor wary of potential banana skin at Redingensians
- OxVox column: How I got with the programme
- Oxford United hit by Ryan Ledson injury blow