MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out
- CRICKET: No knee-jerk reactions for Oxfordshire, says captain Luke Ryan