MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's draw with Port Vale
- Port Vale 2 (Cicilia 54, Taylor pen 59), Oxford United 2 (Dunkley 11, Crowley 19)
- UPDATES - Port Vale v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: Coventry proved frustrating but we will show our mettle today at Port Vale
- Arsenal loanee Dan Crowley and Tyler Roberts pushing for Oxford United starting roles at Port Vale
- Joe Rothwell wants reaction from Oxford United
- SNOOKER/BILLIARDS: Neil Craycraft stars in Abingdon Conservatives' whitewash
- MOTORSPORT: Williams seeking boost for US Grand prix
- SKATER HOCKEY: Adam Harris thrilled to be making his debut for GB
- TABLE TENNIS: Neil Cartwright leads British rail's express start to season