MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- Wembley tickets to go on sale at Oxford United
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars demolished by London Raiders in play-offs
- RUGBY UNION: Tom Stileman, Jordan Brodley and Sam Pointon named in England Students squad for Ireland Universities clash at Iffley Road
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City’s Stewart Thorp helps Great Britain win silver at Indoor World Masters Championships
- AUNT SALLY: John Townsend dominates Kidlington Winter League finals night
- BAR BILLIARDS: Gladiators Club A close in on Division 2 crown
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final