MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United net glamour pre-season date with Premier League champions Leicester City
- Oxford United add Barnet trip to pre-season schedule
- FOOTBALL: Teams to play in tournament in memory of Derek Measor
- FOOTBALL: Charlbury Town Under 12s land national title with 2-0 victory at King Power Stadium
- CRICKET: Cherwell League round-up – Dominant Cumnor again thwarted by weather
- CRICKET: OCA League round-up – Atkins stars as Charlbury beat Stonesfield and the rain
- AUNT SALLY: Magnificent Andy Lewis goes close to joining the maximum men in Greene King Oxford & District League
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise