MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United upbeat about Rob Hall's hamstring injury
- Oxford United fans' chat
- 'We were not ruthless enough', says Oxford United boss Michael Appleton, 'but it's difficult to say that after a 4-0 win'
- Clean sheet is just like a hat-trick for Oxford United's defenders, says Joe Skarz
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny takes centre stage as Oxford United close in on play-off places
- HOCKEY: Oxford’s Trophy hopes ended in dramatic penalty shoot-out
- WEEKEND RESULTS: February 25-26
- FOOTBALL: Ricky Johnson’s late goal earns Banbury United victory
- FOOTBALL: Debutant Ezra Forde saves Oxford City with last-gasp goal
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh draw, but Didcot Town and Wantage Town suffer defeats