MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- Liam Sercombe relishing seeing Oxford United teammates again – but not looking forward to pre-season tests
- HOCKEY: Dan Fox gets Olympic call
- AUNT SALLY: Lee Thompson and Mick Berry help steer Swan A to top of Premier Section
- CRICKET: Swashbuckling Nigel Hume hammers 46-ball century as unbeaten Faringdon march on
- AUNT SALLY: Dave Dix so close to maximum in Abingdon & District League
- CRICKET: Dan White's the man for Hook Norton but rain has final say against Great Horwood
- CRICKET: Hanney book Osberton Radiators Cup semi-final place
- AUNT SALLY: Abingdon United's Barry Parker becomes world champion
- Christian Ribeiro: Oxford United's displays against Exeter City convinced me to sign
- GOLF: Neil Rowlands withdraws halfway through Open qualifying