MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- UPDATES - Southend United v Oxford United
- Oxford United reduce ticket prices for Emirates FA Cup replay
- Oxford United face trip to Championship strugglers if they win FA Cup replay
- Aaron Martin determined low Checkatrade Trophy turn-out is not a distraction for Oxford United
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor and Henley enjoy victories in National League 2 South
- GOLF: When Supergran met Superman at North Oxford
- DARTS: Democrats upset Kings Arms in ODDA League
- FOOTBALL: North Leigh boss John Brough out to end former club Hereford's long run
- HOCKEY: Jack Biggs hat-trick helps Oxford Hawks rout Banbury in derby clash
- RUGBY UNION: Banbury win, but Oxford Harlequins, Witney and Grove are beaten