MATT Bevans will be staying at Oxford United for next season after the club activated a clause in his contract.
The 20-year-old's initial deal was set to expire this summer, but contained the possibility of a 12-month extension, which has been triggered by the U's.
Bevans was part of the inaugural intake for the development squad last summer, following his release by Watford.
The right back had to wait until December for his senior debut, in the 1-0 FA Cup first round replay win at Gateshead.
He went on to make 12 appearances for the U's, 11 of which were starts.
Latest Sport news
- Darryl Eales: Takeover rumours 'unhelpful' to Oxford United's player recruitment
- DARTS: Democrats find it hard in ODDA top-flight opener
- RUGBY UNION: Twickenham news is thrill for Oxfordshire head coach Craig Burrows
- FOOTBALL: Oxford United Women looking towards brighter future after finishing bottom
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Josh Atkinson at the double as Oxford beat South Wales Ironmen
- BOXING: Jordan Flynn ready for 'massive opportunity' in England v Scotland Dual
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith proud of KTM progress in MotoGP
- GOLF: Frilford Heath deal with downpour to deliver EuroPro Tour event
- Oxford United and Oxford City excited over new partnership at Court Place Farm
- MOTORSPORT: Bradley Smith secures 12th place in France