OXFORD United will host Sky Bet League One champions Wolverhampton Wanderers as part of their warm-up for the new season.
The friendly against Kenny Jackett’s men, who broke the 100-point barrier on the way back to the Championship, is the first confirmed date for United’s pre-season.
Wolves will visit the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday, July 29.
The two sides last met competitively in 2000, when Wolves won a two-legged League Cup tie 3-2 on aggregate.
United have also agreed three other games, plus a behind closed doors fixture at Colchester United.
Oxford United's pre-season so far (more games to be confirmed):
- Sat, 12th: Farnborough (a) 2pm
- Tues, 15th: Oxford City (a) 7.45pm
- Thurs, 17th: Colchester United (a) - behind closed doors
- Sat, 19th: Didcot Town (a) 3pm
- Tues, 29th: Wolverhampton Wanderers (H) 7.45pm
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United will not blow salary structure for summer signings, says boss Michael Appleton
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe is front-runner in PFA poll for League Two player of the season
- Callum O'Dowda hoping to live up to Republic of Ireland boss Martin O'Neill's high praise
- FOOTBALL: Leaving North Leigh was not a decision I took lightly - manager Mark Gee
- WOMEN'S FOOTBALL: Captain Kat Nutman leads by example as Oxford United beat Watford
- RUGBY LEAGUE: Oxford RL suffer ninth-straight loss in Doncaster defeat
- FOOTBALL: Lewis Gabbidon lands double honour at Kidlington presentation night
- GOLF: Superb Adam Wootton wins CK Group PGA Kent Open Championship
- DARTS: Pairs whitewash seals it for Challow British Legion
- Johnny Mullins the high-profile departure as Oxford United announce retained list