Eddie Pepperell, who early in his second round led by five strokes, ended up joint 24th in the Spanish Open at Catalunya yesterday.
The Frilford Heath golfer’s hopes of a first European Tour win were dashed by a nightmare seven-over par 79 in the third round on Saturday.
Pepperell returned a level-par 72 yesterday to finish on 290 and earn £12,200.
He finished six shots behind the winner, veteran Spaniard Miguel-Angel Jimenez, who beat Australian Richard Green and Belgium’s Thomas Poeters at the first hole of a sudden-death play-off.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United sign striker Kane Hemmings from Dundee in six-figure move
- WATCH: Videos of Oxford United's new signing Kane Hemmings scoring for Dundee
- Oxford United set for double signing to boost firepower after friendly defeat by Brighton
- Oxford United's EFL Trophy group opponents include Chelsea and Swindon Town + POLL
- CRICKET: Tom Condon's century keeps up Aston Rowant's Cherwell title challenge
- AUNT SALLY: Darren Cox's super 16 renews Florence Park's title bid
- CRICKET: Rob Owen's super century helps Faringdon bounce back with Charlbury victory
- Oxford United 0, Brighton & Hove Albion 4 (Knockaert 17, Cadman 67, Hemed 76 & 85)
- Updates - Oxford United v Brighton & HA
- Oxford United willing to pay fee to sign goalscorer - Michael Appleton