Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith maintained his consistent form when finishing tenth in the French MotoGP at Le Mans yesterday.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider, who qualified in tenth, climbed up to fifth by the second lap.
Smith got shuffled back to eightth after a fierce duel and slipped further down to tenth by the finish.
“I have been struggling all weekend with grip issues, but I am still pleased that I finished the race,” said Smith, who is still ninth in the overall standings.
The race was won by Marc Marquez, who made it five straight victories, ahead of runner-up Valentino Rossi.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United's Kemar Roofe and Liam Sercombe named in League Two team of the year
- Oxford United await decisions from Hylton and Maguire
- FOOTBALL: John Brough appointed new manager at North Leigh
- MOTOR RACING: Renault's Jolyon Palmer crashes out of Monaco Grand Prix
- WEEKEND RESULTS: May 28-29
- CRICKET: Horspath stretch unbeaten start to four games after Shipton-under-Wychwood collapse
- CRICKET: Dain Moreton's century inspires Great & Little Tew to victory over Harefield
- Callum O'Dowda's slim Euro 2016 hopes look over after watching Ireland draw
- GOLF: Poor start sees Eddie Pepperell miss Wentworth cut
- YOUTH CRICKET: Ben Charlesworth takes centre stage with two impressive knocks