Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith maintained his consistent form when finishing tenth in the French MotoGP at Le Mans yesterday.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider, who qualified in tenth, climbed up to fifth by the second lap.
Smith got shuffled back to eightth after a fierce duel and slipped further down to tenth by the finish.
“I have been struggling all weekend with grip issues, but I am still pleased that I finished the race,” said Smith, who is still ninth in the overall standings.
The race was won by Marc Marquez, who made it five straight victories, ahead of runner-up Valentino Rossi.
Latest Sport news
- Oxford United season ticket sales set to break new ground at Kassam Stadium
- CRICKET: John Barrett hails Oxford's quality ahead of Thame Town derby
- TENNIS: Ustic saves match points on way to maiden title
- ROWING: Oxon crews reign at damp Reading regatta
- ICE HOCKEY: Elliott End set up to honour Oxford City Stars aces
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open