Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith maintained his consistent form when finishing tenth in the French MotoGP at Le Mans yesterday.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider, who qualified in tenth, climbed up to fifth by the second lap.
Smith got shuffled back to eightth after a fierce duel and slipped further down to tenth by the finish.
“I have been struggling all weekend with grip issues, but I am still pleased that I finished the race,” said Smith, who is still ninth in the overall standings.
The race was won by Marc Marquez, who made it five straight victories, ahead of runner-up Valentino Rossi.
Latest Sport news
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start
- ANGLING: Jack pips grandad Brian for Littlemore victory