Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith maintained his consistent form when finishing tenth in the French MotoGP at Le Mans yesterday.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider, who qualified in tenth, climbed up to fifth by the second lap.
Smith got shuffled back to eightth after a fierce duel and slipped further down to tenth by the finish.
“I have been struggling all weekend with grip issues, but I am still pleased that I finished the race,” said Smith, who is still ninth in the overall standings.
The race was won by Marc Marquez, who made it five straight victories, ahead of runner-up Valentino Rossi.
Latest Sport news
- Ex-Oxford United star Jamie Cook proud of career after hanging up football boots to turn attention to golf
- POINT-TO-POINT: Big names jockeys sign up for Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- ROWING: Oxford City's Josie Nash and Eilish Turner-Frick shine in Inter-Regional Championships
- ATHLETICS: Abingdon's Paul Fernandez impresses in London Marathon
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: James Walter’s double earns Oxford Saints their first victory
- ATHLETICS: Banbury Harriers win UK Youth Development League opener
- BAR BILLIARDS: Donnington Club close in on Division 1 crown
- RUGBY UNION: Oxford Brookes students to host charity sevens tournament
- Roger James bags brace as North Leigh beat youthful Oxford United to lift Oxfordshire Senior Cup
- HORSE RACING: Mark Bradstock thrilled with Coneygree's return to action