Oxfordshire's Bradley Smith says he is determined to put on a show in tomorrow’s French Grand Prix after finishing fourth in yesterday’s practice sessions.
The Monster Yamaha Tech3 rider completed a fantastic first day at Le Mans to become the leading Yamaha.
Having crashed in the morning’s opening practice session, Smith carried out some alterations to his Yamaha YZR-M1 before posting a best lap of 1min 33.92secs, putting him just half a second off leading bike of Marc Marquez.
His top-four result boosted his confidence for a full speed assault in today’s qualifying session ahead of the 28-lap sprint on raceday.
“After starting the day in a less than ideal way, I am really pleased with what we managed to achieve in the afternoon,” said Smith.
“I am feeling very happy with the bike now, as due to some of the issues we have experienced recently we decided to divert back to the what I was using in Qatar.
“Therefore, I am confident and I know that I can go fast with it. At the same time, I am slightly disappointed that we couldn’t succeed with our experimentation, but I am excited to continue in this manner during the next sessions.
“Today the plan is to fine-tune the setup and then try my best in qualifying to get as high up the grid as I can.
“I feel confident, am back on the road to completeness and can’t wait to put on a good show for the fans.”
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Charlton Athletic
- Conor McAleny delighted to get off mark by firing Oxford United to win at Charlton Athletic
- Oxford United selected for live television coverage
- Long-serving Oxford United coach Richard Blackmore steps down
- Michael Appleton: It would have been a risk not to freshen up Oxford United for trip to Charlton
- Charlton Athletic 0, Oxford United 1 (McAleny 11)
- RUGBY UNION: Witney earn win despite Callum Godfrey dismissal
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy and Max Palmer smash hat-tricks for Berinsfield
- FOOTBALL: Hanborough book Fred Ford Cup final spot in style with rousing victory over Carterton Town A
- UPDATES - Charlton Athletic v Oxford United