TWO former members of the Pathfinders Youth Canoe Club in Abingdon will be taking part in one of the sport’s toughest races next Sunday.
Chyavan Rees, from East Hendred, near Wantage, will be heading to the Scottish Highlands alongside Thomas Leonard, from Aston, near Witney for the Moriston River race.
Rees said: “I think the club deserve huge recognition for two of their former students competing against the best kayakers in the UK.”
Latest Sport news
- Jordan Evans stays on at Oxford United to give support in final test
- Oxford United will monitor rivals' scores in final day showdown
- Danny Hylton happy to wait on contract talks until Oxford United's future is decided
- Composure will be key for Oxford United in sprint for the finish, says Michael Appleton
- Gareth Ainsworth aiming for Wycombe to make more memories at Oxford United's expense
- Michael Appleton puts faith in Oxford United injured players to make right call
- Kemar Roofe on a mission to make Oxford United starting line-up
- Oxford United goalkeeper Benji Buchel ready for Wycombe bombardment
- POINT-TO-POINT: Victoria Pendleton returns to the saddle at Kingston Blount
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire youngsters reach national finals after dramatic shoot-out