WINDRUSH Valley’s Nathan Hall was crowned Home Counties junior champion for the second successive year.
Hall, 14, who moved up to the 54-57kg weight category, saw off Reading’s Callum Duckett at Aylesbury with a display of disciplined boxing and well-judged long-range shots to take the win on a unanimous decision.
He now faces Gloucester’s Brad Ingram at Woodgreen Leisure Centre, Banbury, in the pre-quarter finals of the England Boxing Junior Championships tomorrow.
Berinsfield’s Michael McDonagh takes on Anton Esson (Baker Street) in the 44-46kg class, while Wezley Bone (Blackbird Leys) boxes Owen Penny (Shepton Mallet) in a 63-66kg contest.
Victory would see them go through to the quarter-finals on May 25 at Swindon.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's victory against Bury
- Hat-trick hero Conor McAleny delighted to send Oxford United to Wembley on a high
- Oxford United fans breathe sigh of relief as goalkeeper Simon Eastwood plays on
- FOOTBALL: David Murphy's double puts Berinsfield in North Berks League Cup final
- FOOTBALL: Liam Godin hits four-timer as KEA reach Junior Shield final
- FOOTBALL: Olly Bush strikes a brace to lead Carterton into the last four
- FOOTBALL: Spot-on Jamie Cook seals dramatic win for North Leigh
- GIRLS FOOTBALL: Oxford City Under 13s clinch league title
- FOOTBALL: Harry Benfield guides Abingdon Youth to Under 15 KO Trophy glory
- FOOTBALL: Kyle Chester in top form as Carterton beat Didcot Town Youth Red