Oxford women made a flying start to life in the restructed ECB Midlands League with a four-wicket win over Astwood Bank (Redditch) at Roman Way.
Charley (4-7) and Ellie Noble (3-4) sent the visitors crashing to 65 all out in the Division 2 clash, with only opener Clare Boycott (37) making any impression.
Oxford were reduced to 31-5 as Boycott (3-10) shone again, but a stand between Emily Day and Riannon Brown rescued the cause.
In the same division, Ellie Norton took 4-9 in Charlbury’s five-wicket win over Birmingham side Four Oaks Saints.
Four Oaks Saints 96 (E Norton 4-9), Charlbury 97-5 (A Flory 31no, R Todd 31).
Astwood Bank 65 (C Boycott 37, C Noble 4-7, E Noble 3-4), Oxford 66-6 (C Boycott 3-10).
Latest Sport news
- TWICKENHAM: Matt Goode to play through the pain as Oxfordshire eye historic victory
- BOXING: Joe Gaul and Keenan Dallimore taste success
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- Liam Sercombe a step closer to Oxford United departure
- ICE HOCKEY: Oxford City Stars part company with head coach Simon Anderson
- POINT-TO-POINT: Lisa O'Neill backing Ireland to stop the rot in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City reveal bumper pre-season programme
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview