JUSTIN Burnell has made six changes for the crunch play-off semi-final, second leg against Leeds Carnegie.
The Exiles need to overturn a seven-point gap following last Sunday’s 38-31 defeat in Yorkshire.
Burnell, Welsh’s head coach, brings in Alan Awcock, who came off the bench to score two tries in the first leg, for Alex Davies at full back.
Seb Jewell, making his first appearance since the victory at London Scottish on March 30, replaces James Tincknell at inside centre.
There’s also a change at scrum half, with Tyson Keats preferred to Chris Cook.
In the forwards, Nathan Morris and Peter Edwards come in for Nathan Vella and James Tideswell.
In the back row, Daniel Browne makes way for Peter Browne at blindside flanker.
Despite starting the game behind on aggregate, it won’t change Welsh’s approach, according to Burnell.
“The seven-point deficit isn’t going to affect our game,” he said.
“We’re not going to be running from our own 22 and we’re not going to be just kicking for the corner – we’re going out to win.”
Leeds make just one change to their XV.
Scrum half Craig Hampson has not recovered from a foot injury, so James Doherty gets the nod.
London Welsh: Awcock, Stegmann, May (capt), Jewell, Scott, Ross, Keats, Trevett, Morris, Edwards, Spencer, Corker, Browne, Kirwan, Stedman. Reps: Vella, Bristow, Tideswell, West, Quill, Cook, Crane.
Leeds: McColl, Holmes, Vickerman, Burdon, Doherty, Hughes, Doherty, Beech, Nilsen, Tussac, Beck, Myerscough, Sisi, Rowan (capt), Burrows. Reps: Graham, Imiolek, Hooper, Walker, Green, Georgiou, Lozowski.
- Latest Sport news
- Chris Maguire loving life at Oxford United – but it's 'too early' for contract talks
- Oldham Athletic skipper calls for FA Cup response at Oxford United
- FOOTBALL: John Brough bidding to make more history for North Leigh in Trophy
- FOOTBALL: Banbury United boosted as Conor McDonagh turns down move to rivals
- FOOTBALL: Mike Fondop returns to give Oxford City a big lift
- RUGBY UNION: Chinnor sign London Welsh hooker Koree Britton to boost title hopes
- Oxford United boss Michael Appleton wishes departing loanee Dan Crowley well ahead of Dutch move from Arsenal
- Oxford United make request to West Bromwich Albion for Tyler Roberts loan extension
- VARSITY MATCH: Oxford's record run over as Cambridge edge thriller
- LIVE UPDATES: The Varsity Matches