Tony Benson has warned Oxford RL not to underestimate Kingstone Press Championship basement boys South Wales Scorpions when they visit Iffley Road on Sunday (3).
Scorpions have yet to win this campaign, but tested leaders Hunslet Hawks in a 20-6 defeat last week.
Head coach Benson said: “They have had a difficult start, but we’ll in no way be underestimating them especially as their performances have been improving over the past few weeks.”
Oxford are keen to bounce back from their 48-28 defeat at Oldham on May 4.
Ryan McGoldrick should make his home debut, but Valu Bentley (ankle) will be assessed in training.
Oxford RL: from Baird, Benson, Bentley, Blaney, Blewitt, Brooker, Crabtree, Connick, Clarke, Davies, Ellison, Evans, Hadden, Hoggins, Hayles, Lynch, J Morris, S Morris, McGoldrick, Mulkeen, Newton, O’Keeffe, Parker, Rice, Roden, Rowland, Sharratt, Slade-Jones, Thompson, Winfield, Wright.
Meanwhile, Oxford Cavaliers will look to build on their first win of the Conference League South season when they host Bristol Sonics tomorrow (2.30).
Cavaliers beat Valley Cougars 46-26 last time out.
Cavaliers A are also at Oxford RFC, starting in the West of England League against Cheltenham Old Patesians.
Latest Sport news
- UD Marbella to provide Oxford United's sole opposition at training camp in Spain
- Oxford United season ticket sales near 4,000 target
- Joe Skarz and Ryan Taylor thrilled to return injury-free for Oxford United's pre-season
- EFL Trophy controversy rumbles on with under 23 teams and shoot-outs for draws
- GOLF: Steady Eddie Pepperell gets off to solid start at the French Open
- BOWLS: Carterton suffer blow to Oxfordshire League Division 1 title hopes
- TENNIS: Oxfordshire teenager Alexis Canter handed junior Wimbledon wildcard
- ATHLETICS: Jade O'Dowda impresses to go top of under 17 heptathlon rankings
- BOWLS: Oxfordshire weather storm to beat Surrey in Middleton Cup
- RUBGY UNION: Theo Brophy-Clews relishing steep learning curve