There can be no let-up as Oxfordshire target top spot in Pool 3 when they host Dorset & Wilts in the County Championship Shield at Witney tomorrow (3).
That is the view of head coach Craig Burrows, whose side need a solitary bonus point to finish first and reach the semi-finals.
“The County Championship is all about momentum,” said Burrows, whose team opened up with a 37-19 victory over Berkshire last weekend.
“To get just a point and lose would be mentally very difficult going into the semi-finals.
“That is not the way to approach it if we want to get to the final at Twickenham, which is the aim.
“Before that, Saturday is the big focus “We want to be positive and keep winning.”
Oxfordshire make two changes to their starting line-up, with Oxford Harlequins fly half Zac Norris and Grove prop Martyn Walsh coming in.
Joe Bellinger (Grove) moves from centre to No 8, with Matt Clarke (Witney) shifting from No 10 to 12.
Jamie Burke (Witney) is unavailable, while fellow prop Pete Boulton (Oxford Harlequins) comes in on the bench.
Burrows added: “We have lots to build on for next week.
“Dorset & Wilts have been a bit of a bogey team for Oxfordshire for the last five years.
“It is going to be a really tough game and a totally different proposition to Berkshire.
“They are going to be strong out wide. Berkshire were strong up front.”
Oxfordshire: J Mills (Banbury), G Nicholl (Grove), Day (Grove), Clarke (Witney), Clipsham (Grove), Norris (Oxford Harlequins), E Phillips (Banbury), Eckert (capt), Dixey, Walsh (all Grove), Brown, Purchase (both Oxford Harlequins), C Chilvers, Wells, Bellinger (all Grove), Reps: Boulton (Oxford Harlequins), Monks (Witney), Haire (Grove), C Phillips (Banbury), J Chilvers (Grove), Spencer (Bicester), Peel (Grove).
- Latest Sport news
- More details on OxVox stadium bid - but talks 'on hold' due to U's takeover interest
- GOLF: Eddie Pepperell eyes putting improvements ahead of US Open qualifying
- TENNIS: North Oxford extend super streak to keep promotion push on track
- CRICKET: Home Counties Premier League preview
- POINT-TO-POINT: Will Biddick does not expect home advantage to help Great Britain in Anglo-Irish challenge at Kingston Blount
- Oxford United give Conor McAleny deadline on contract offer
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: Fightback comes too late to save Oxford Saints against Brighton
- RUGBY UNION: Keble celebrate Oxford University Men's Cup triumph
- ATHLETICS: Oxford City's veterans set the pace to clinch national road relays gold
- BOWLS: Champions Carterton are run close by Banbury Central