EDDIE Pepperell surged into a share of the lead at the Spanish Open following an excellent first round in Girona.
The 23-year-old from Abingdon's only blemish was dropped a shot at the first, but he staged an excellent recovery.
Birdies at the fourth and sixth got him moving in the right direction, before a strong finish.
Pepperell picked up further shots at the 13th, 15th and 17th to card a four-under-par 68.
It took him top of the leaderboard, alongside Spain's Rafa Cabrera-Bello, who was still out on the course.
- Latest Sport news
- No distractions for Oxford United as Michael Appleton only has eyes on Northampton Town clash
- Joe Rothwell bidding to shine for Oxford United in final Wembley audition
- Danny Higginbotham thrilled to see fellow Manchester United player Michael Appleton thrive as Oxford United head coach
- Oxford United to play it safe as John Lundstram must prove his fitness
- Josh Ruffels aims to grab big chance at Oxford United in Ryan Ledson's absence
- Teenager Canice Carroll earmarked for Oxford United role in final month
- Oxford United clash is 'huge' as Northampton Town seek to confirm safety from relegation
- MOTORSPORT: Oxfordshire's Formula 1 teams endure mixed results in Melbourne practice
- CRICKET: Former Oxfordshire batsman Martyn Lloyd dies at 62
- FOOTBALL: Oxford City boss Mark Jones makes three new signings