EDDIE Pepperell surged into a share of the lead at the Spanish Open following an excellent first round in Girona.
The 23-year-old from Abingdon's only blemish was dropped a shot at the first, but he staged an excellent recovery.
Birdies at the fourth and sixth got him moving in the right direction, before a strong finish.
Pepperell picked up further shots at the 13th, 15th and 17th to card a four-under-par 68.
It took him top of the leaderboard, alongside Spain's Rafa Cabrera-Bello, who was still out on the course.
- Latest Sport news
- Oxford United handed boost with key Rochdale defender serving suspension
- Marvin Johnson looking for more of the same when Oxford United visit Rochdale
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We’re recharged for busy league and cup schedule
- SWIMMING: David Murphy delivers masterclass to set more records at Arena Pro Swim Series
- TABLE TENNIS: Bicester squeeze past Holton in Aubrey Hughes Handicap Shield opener
- ANGLING: Alan Steele clinches Victory Cup
- INDOOR CRICKET: Chipping Norton and Ruscote title race goes down to the wire
- ON CUE: Q Zone go top of Gentworks Oxford & District Snooker League
- Oxford United catch their breath ahead of fixture 'carnage'
- Two years on, Joe Skarz is so thankful he took 'massive step' to join Oxford United