North Oxford’s men stayed top of their Aegon Team Tennis regional division with an exciting 7-6 tie-break shoot-out victory over Hampshire’s Thornden club.
It was all-square at 4-4 after the singles rubbers as Jay Sexton and Thomas Bowden, playing at No 3 and 4, recorded comfortable successes.
Jack Rooney and Christian Petersen, however, lost tight matches in the top two singles.
The doubles rubbers were also shared, with North Oxford’s second pair of Bowden and Petersen winning comfortably again.
At 6-6, a tie-break shoot-out started, with Thornden not playing their No 1.
This allowed Rooney to win his tie-break 10-7, and with Bowden claiming a 10-1 success, North Oxford had an unassailable 2-0 lead.
North entertain main rivals Maidenhead on June 1 in what looks to be a title decider.
White Horse 14 and under girls were defeated 6-0 by Halton, who are one of the favourites to win the national competition.
Latest Sport news
- VIDEO: Highlights from Oxford United's win at Carlisle United
- Michael Appleton delighted Oxford United keep hold of their promotion destiny
- Carlisle United 0, Oxford United 2 (Maguire pen 4, Sercombe 73)
- Who was Oxford United's man of the match at Carlisle?
- Updates - Carlisle United v Oxford United
- MICHAEL APPLETON COLUMN: We are determined to send Oxford United fans home happy
- Chris Maguire relishing Oxford United's big push
- John Lundstram pushing for Oxford United recall
- SQUASH: Bicester secure Oxfordshire title
- MOTORSPORT: Nathan Harrison off to flying start