TWELVE rivers and streams in Oxfordshire are on Flood Alert this morning.
Flood Alerts means flooding is possible and it comes following the thaw of the recent snowfall and the weekend rain.
The current Met Office forecast is light rain in Oxford mid-afternoon, with heavy rain tomorrow and Tuesday.
In addition to the rivers and brooks on Flood Alert, there is an alert about possible groundwater flooding around Chilton and West Hagbourne.
There are no Flood Warnings in Oxfordshire, or indeed the south east, this morning.
The current Flood Alerts are:
- River Thames and Tributaries from Buscot Wick down to Kings Lock, above Oxford, including Buscot, Kelmscott, Radcot, Chimney, Northmoor, Stanton Harcourt, Bablock Hythe and caravan park, Eynsham, Swinford and Yarnton
- River Thames and tributaries in the Oxford Area, including areas between Wolvercote down to and including Radley and Jericho
- River Thames for the Abingdon area, including areas between Abingdon down to and including Little Wittenham
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon including, Stanford in the Vale, Charney Bassett, Lyford and Garford, and also the Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney.
- River Cherwell and its tributaries from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford including Woodford Halse, Edgcote, Cropredy, Marston St Lawrence, Banbury, Kings Sutton, Hook Norton
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to Islip, including Ludgershall, Blackthorn and Murcott
- River Windrush from Bourton to Newbridge including Burford, Asthall, Minster Lovell, Crawley, Witney, Ducklington, Rack End and Standlake.
- River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington including, Kingham, Bledington, Milton under Wychwood, Shipton under Wychwood, Ascott under Wychwood, Charlbury, Fawler and Long Hanborough and also the River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock.
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks and their tributaries from Stratton Audley down to the M40 near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury
- River Thame from Marsworth to Dorchester including, Long Marston, Rowsham, North Aylesbury, Cuddington, Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley, Quarrendon, Drayton St Leonard, Overy, the Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton.
- Clanfield Brook for Clanfield Village and the Shill Brook for Bampton
- Ginge Brook, for the Steventon area down to and including Sutton Courtenay
- Areas at risk of groundwater flooding in West Ilsley, East Ilsley, Compton, Chilton and West Hagbourne