Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Flooding update: Eighteen rivers and streams on Flood Alert
PEOPLE living near 18 rivers and brooks in Oxfordshire were tonight being warned they may face flooding.
Following a day of heavy rain, the Environment Agency has put the following rivers on Flood Alert.
- River Cherwell from Charwelton to just above Upper Heyford
- River Cherwell from Lower Heyford down to and including Oxford
- River Thame from Marsworth to Dorchester including Long Marston, Rowsham, North Aylesbury, Cuddington, Thame, Shabbington, Ickford, Waterperry, Cuddesdon, Wheatley, Quarrendon, Drayton St Leonard, Overy
- Chalgrove Brook at Chalgrove and Stadhampton
- River Thames and its tributaries from Days Lock to above Pangbourne
- River Thames and tributaries from Buscot Wick down to Kings Lock
- River Ock from Watchfield to Abingdon
- Letcombe Brook at Wantage, Grove and East Hanney
- Clanfield Brook for Clanfield Village
- Shill Brook for Bampton
- Sor Brook and The Bloxham Brook and their tributaries
- River Evenlode from Moreton in Marsh to Cassington
- River Glyme at Wootton and Woodstock
- Ginge Brook for the Steventon area down to and including Sutton Courtenay
- River Ray and its tributaries from Shipton Lee to and including Islip
- Langford and Wendlebury Brooks from Stratton Audley down to near Merton, including Bicester and Wendlebury
Flood alerts are where the agency fears the river may break its banks.
Comments are closed on this article.