Bus is towed away after blaze

Oxford Mail: The X30 caught fire in Kenilworth Road yesterday The X30 caught fire in Kenilworth Road yesterday

PASSENGERS on this bus through Cumnor finished their journey with a bang.

The X30 caught fire in Kenilworth Road yesterday at 1.37pm and two fire engines were called to the scene.

Firefighters put out the blaze in the engine of the single-decker bus and all the passengers were accounted for with no injuries.

Kenilworth Road resident Brian Adams, 67, captured the drama on his camera.

He said: “The bus stopped at the stop and then some smoke started coming out of it followed by sparks.

“Very quickly it was engulfed in flames.”

The bus was towed away at around 3.30pm.

A Stagecoach spokesman said the bus has been taken to its depot for investigation.

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree