TEENAGER Alex Cowan swapped science books for swords at the weekend.
The A-Level student trod the boards as King Arthur at the Oxford Playhouse.
He took the lead role in the Magdalen College School production of Idylls of the King by Lord Tennyson, adapted by associate of the Royal Shakespeare Company, Joanne Pearce.
Mr Cowan said: “Carrying the sword around was great fun but I needed to do lots of rehearsing.”
Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year