9:59am Saturday 7th April 2012
By Ben Wilkinson
A FIRE was caused when the heat from the sun’s rays reflected off a shaving mirror on to a curtain.
Three fire engines and 18 firefighters were called to the blaze in a rear bedroom of the home in Lily Close in Bicester at 9.50am yesterday.
No one was in the home at the time and firefighters were alerted by neighbours who saw smoke coming from a window.
Incident commander Douglas Whitford said: “Although the house was fitted with working smoke alarms it was very fortunate the neighbours spotted the smoke and immediately dialled 999.
“Otherwise the damage could have been a lot worse.”
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group