Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Sun's reflection off shaving mirror causes house fire
A FIRE was caused when the heat from the sun’s rays reflected off a shaving mirror on to a curtain.
Three fire engines and 18 firefighters were called to the blaze in a rear bedroom of the home in Lily Close in Bicester at 9.50am yesterday.
No one was in the home at the time and firefighters were alerted by neighbours who saw smoke coming from a window.
Incident commander Douglas Whitford said: “Although the house was fitted with working smoke alarms it was very fortunate the neighbours spotted the smoke and immediately dialled 999.
“Otherwise the damage could have been a lot worse.”
Comments are closed on this article.