Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting OXFORD NEWS to 80360 or email us
Family escape from kitchen fire
9:30am Wednesday 14th November 2012 in Abingdon
A family escaped from a kitchen fire in the early hours of the morning.
At around 1.20am yesterday, Oxfordshire’s fire and rescue service was called to a kitchen fire in Welford Gardens, Abingdon.
Having been alerted by a smoke alarm, the occupier of the house discovered the fire and immediately closed the door to the room.
He left the house with his wife and child and on arrival firefighters quickly put out the fire.
One adult was treated at the scene for slight smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire was found to be an electrical fault in a dishwasher.
Comments are closed on this article.