OXFORD is set to enjoy soaring temperatures today as temperatures are predicted to hit 29C.
Anthropologist Konstantina Isidoros will be one of many out soaking up the sunshine, after relaxing by the river yesterday at Oxford University Parks.
She said: “It’s lovely, I am absolutely enjoying it.
“I wanted the idyllic setting along the river with the dragonflies, a tranquil place for deep thoughts.”
The Met Office said there is a 60 per cent probability of a heatwave across Oxfordshire between 8am today and 8am on Sunday, with a very humid night likely tonight.
South Central Ambulance Service warned people to avoid long periods in the sun from 11am to 3pm. It also advised people to wear a hat, use suncream and drink at least two litres of water a day, avoiding alcohol and caffeine.
Those with medical conditions should take extra care and children and pets should not be left in vehicles, it said.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon