A YELLOW weather warning has been issued for Oxfordshire this Saturday due to the risk of heavy, thundery showers across south east England.
The Met Office said they cannot be sure exactly where these showers will form but there is a risk of torrential downpours, hail and strong winds leading to significant flooding. There is also a risk of lightning.
The warning is valid from 3am until 11.55pm on Saturday and the Met Office have warned the public to be aware of the risks of the bad weather and prepared for possible disruption.
- Our top stories:
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit
- Cyclist and car involved in collision outside Seacourt Tower
- Oxford United vow to act quickly to resolve flag-waving dispute
- UPDATE: Three more men arrested in connection with attempted murder after altercation in Banbury
- Oxford United v Swindon Town - UPDATES