Commuters faced major delays yesterday on trains between Oxford and London Paddington because of a signalling problem.
First Great Western services were disrupted because of problems on the line between Reading and Slough.
Lines were opened at 11.30am but problems continued into the afternoon.
There were also delays yesterday afternoon on FGW and CrossCountry services between Oxford and Banbury because of a problem with equipment at Heyford.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Oxford United send match tickets to fans caught up in season ticket delay
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- Management consultants Newton Europe named Business of the Year at 2016 Oxfordshire Business Awards
- Eating Weetabix and brown rice could help prevent an early death say experts
- VIDEO: Kerry Reeves' mother bravely faces her 'beautiful' daughter's killers in emotional tribute
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech