Commuters faced major delays yesterday on trains between Oxford and London Paddington because of a signalling problem.
First Great Western services were disrupted because of problems on the line between Reading and Slough.
Lines were opened at 11.30am but problems continued into the afternoon.
There were also delays yesterday afternoon on FGW and CrossCountry services between Oxford and Banbury because of a problem with equipment at Heyford.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit