A SUMMER fete was held to bring a community together after three primary schools became academies.
Falconry, dog stunts, go-kart racing, choir singing and vegetable contests delighted crowds at Blackbird Academy Trust’s summer fete and show at Blackbird Leys Park on Saturday.
This was the first annual show since Pegasus School, Windale Community Primary School Orchard Meadow Primary School became academies.
Mother-of-three Charlene Walter has two children, Jasper, eight, and Isobelle, 10, at Pegasus. She said: “They both loved it. It’s bigger than ever.”
Money raised will help fund trips for pupils.
- Our top stories
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street
- Chain running Randolph Hotel in Oxford in 'best shape ever' after announcing £55m profit