A SUMMER fete was held to bring a community together after three primary schools became academies.
Falconry, dog stunts, go-kart racing, choir singing and vegetable contests delighted crowds at Blackbird Academy Trust’s summer fete and show at Blackbird Leys Park on Saturday.
This was the first annual show since Pegasus School, Windale Community Primary School Orchard Meadow Primary School became academies.
Mother-of-three Charlene Walter has two children, Jasper, eight, and Isobelle, 10, at Pegasus. She said: “They both loved it. It’s bigger than ever.”
Money raised will help fund trips for pupils.
- Our top stories
- New faces around the county council cabinet table
- Oxfordshire detective is a contestant on Channel 4 survival show The Island with Bear Grylls
- Managing director Greig Box Turnbull to leave Oxford United at end of season
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes