A SURGEON is in line for a NHS payout after he was sacked over false allegations he sexually harassed two young trainee doctors.
The consultant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was dismissed in 2012 after two young doctors said he made sexual advances and begged them to join him at his home after work.
But last week, an employment tribunal judge ruled the accusations were made up and the doctor was both wrongfully and unfairly dismissed by Oxford University Hospitals Trust.
Judge Andrew Gumbiti-Zimuto, in his ruling, said the doctor was fired following a botched internal investigation by the NHS trust.
The foreign-born consultant told the tribunal in Reading that the allegations were trumped up against him as part of a cost-cutting drive by NHS managers.
He is now suing his former employers to compensate for his substantial loss of earnings, and a hearing is set to take place in October.
- Our top stories:
- Prisons' shake-up will be at heart of today's Queen's Speech
- Five things you need to know in Oxfordshire today
- TV Wildlife presenter Chris Packham speaks about his Aspergers, teenage struggles and attempts to get into Oxford University
- GALLERY: Prince William proves a hit with young and old students on Oxford visit
- Elections 2016 roundup: Everything you need to know for May 5
- Authorities search for solutions as graffiti in Oxford doubles in a year