DAREDEVILS who leap from cliffs into water were the inspiration for an Oxford exhibition.
Fine artist John Trigg, one of the founding members of Oxfordshire Artweeks, has created sculptures and paintings of people jumping into the sea for his exhibition Tombstone Boys The Sea’s Edge at Art Jericho in King Street.
He was inspired by youngsters ‘tombstoning’ in Penzance, where he now lives.
Gallery owner Jenny Blyth said: “It’s almost like a ritualistic act of jumping into the ocean and he’s captured it brilliantly.”
The exhibition will end on July 27. The free gallery is open from Wednesday to Sunday between noon and 6pm.
Mr Trigg will hold a talk at the gallery on Thursday, July 24, at 7pm.
Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street