THE man who killed Jayden Parkinson has been accused of being as "cool as a cucumber" while trying to hide her body.
The claim was made this morning by Richard Latham QC as he finished cross examining Ben Blakeley in Oxford Crown Court.
The 22-year-old admits manslaughter and perverting the course of justice but denies murdering his ex-girlfriend on December 3 last year.
He is on trial alongside a 17 year old who denies preventing a lawful burial but admits perverting the course of justice.
During the trial Blakeley has confessed to using a large suitcase to move the 17-year-old's body to a cemetery next to All Saints Church, Didcot, overnight on December 8.
Mr Latham suggested to Blakeley that he must have had to do "some dreadful things" to Jayden's body to get it into the suitcase.
The defendant replied: "There was no way of doing what I needed to do nicely."
He added: "It was f****** horrible."
Mr Latham said: "And you were capable of doing it, weren't you?"
Blakeley replied: "Yes I did."
The barrister added: "And you were as cool as a cucumber when the taxi driver turned up."
Blakeley said: "I had to act normal."
Mr Latham said: "And you were capable of acting normal."
The defendant said: "F*** you."
Mr Latham said: "You are cold and calm and calculating when you want to be."
Blakeley said: "I think about that night every day. I see it in my dreams."
The trial continues.
- Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS, SPORT and JAYDEN depending on what services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.
Our top stories
- Companies still signing up for jobs fair at Oxford Town Hall
- Hundreds will gather as soldier killed in Iraq is repatriated
- Staff and students celebrate actress's big win at the Golden Globes
- Inquests opened into death of couple who died in cottage fire on Blenheim Palace estate
- Inquest opened into death of pensioner found in River Ock in Abingdon
- Man wearing beanie hat exposes himself to woman on city street